SPAC-tacular Ascent: The Rise of SPACs in Tech M&A
Dentons Global Venture Technology Group and colleagues from our Corporate Group came together for a lively discussion with industry insiders covering all you need to know about the rapid rise of SPACs in the tech sector.
2020 was called the ‘Year of the SPAC’ but 2021 is already on track to surpass it so this session dove into the market conditions that are driving the surge of new SPAC funds and why we’re seeing such a strong resurgence in SPAC transactions. Further topics included why tech founders are choosing SPACs over direct listings and IPOs, how SPAC investors select a target for acquisition, increasing competition and what the market trajectory looks like from here.
- Ira Kotel | Partner, Dentons Global Venture Technology Group
- Ilan Katz |Partner, Dentons Global Venture Technology Group
- John Lambert | Partner, KPMG
- Jennie Dong | Head of SPACs, NYSE
- Craig DeDomenico | Managing Director, Stifel
- David Panton | Managing Partner, Navigation Capital Partners
- Eva Huston | Independent Board Member, CC Neuberger Principal Holdings I
- Samuel Reich | CEO, Big Cypress Acquisition Corp
To watch the webinar please click here.