Digital Transformation and the Digital Consumer
Dentons’ Market Insights publication, “Digital Transformation and the Digital Consumer”, examines the legal implications of the online economy in Europe. It provides guidance on EU and national laws which govern online business, including data protection, e-privacy, consumer rights, intellectual property, competition and antitrust, and employment law.
While digital transformation is a top priority for many companies, they often face challenges navigating the complex legal and regulatory obligations that come along with it. In this guide, we share insights to help you avoid costly delays and compliance risks. Since digitalization is often fueled by the need to keep up with evolving customer behaviors, the digital customer is a key theme throughout.
The publication consists of an anthology of articles, each offering a unique perspective on digital transformation, to assist companies in planning or implementing their strategy:
- Catching up with the digital consumer
- Getting started – clearing the legal hurdles for your digital transformation project
- Data centers – at the heart of the European cloud and co-location market
- Engaging with evolving regulation – GDPR
- Consumer protection and online advertising
- Identifying and contracting with digital consumers
- eCommerce, the evolution of FinTech and the growth of cryptocurrencies
- Enforcing IP rights in a digital environment
- Big data and EU competition law
- The impact of digital transformation on employment law
- Artificial intelligence – the next evolution of digital transformation